Tuesday, April 14, 2009

writing again...

Before Ethan came into our lives, I was busy looking for one of those “my baby journal” books to pen Ethan’s developments as a reassurance for that I am actually growing with him, despite being a working mommy, which I did.


Some of the contents in the book: my first day at home, my first Christmas, when I first slept in my room, my first smile and the list of my firsts…

As I look back at these writings, it has taken on new meaning as I have gone through the stages of motherhood within these 4 months. When I feel like I have been too busy at work or too unaware of Ethan’s small changes I pull out this journal and read just one or two of the tiny details of my life with him. Immediately the richness of my motherhood experience unfolds for me and buoys me up.

However, I realized that they were more things which happened and I would like to remember. Ie: sleeping patterns, children’s parties Ive attended, shopping sessions with grandma, outings, other curiosities that took place.

And hence, I'm writing again.

And I hope that this will eventually be a trail to follow, to try to figure out how Ethan is unique in his own ways; his maladies, his fear, and his accomplishments in the years to come.

These intricate details hopefully would be able to take me back to my motherhood experience, where it all began, the struggles, pleasures and contentment. And hopefully over the years, they bring me the peace of mind that while leading a working-mommy life; busy, hectic, full life was full of motherhood's great rewards and pleasures.

No comments: