Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Nothing Happened!?!

Last night, Ethan was struck by some major virus which caused him to vomit out whatever he ate. It all started with him getting up on Monday morning with a sore right eye (It looked red and puffy). With Ethan, it's quite easy to identify if he's not well. He'll get puffy eyes, just like good ol' daddy! He then told me that he wasn't well, and didn't want to go to kindy. He doesn't normally claims that he is sick. And so he headed to grandma's for the day.

At the same time, hubby was also down with some strange viral attack. Persistent fever, chills, massive body aches and stomach discomfort. He has been down for 4 days, and no signs of improvement. We'll have to decide tomorrow when he gets up, if his condition gets better. Else, we'll probably have to get him admitted to the hospital and get serious help. We'll see how.

And so, yes, the big picture; the two boys are down. Anyway, during midday yesterday, I received an SMS from hubby saying that Ethan was vomiting all his food and also had a slight fever. Gave the lil champ some parmol, and obviously, it came out as well. So, imagine, he could take nothing.

By dinnertime, the poor fella only had one miserable piece of butter cookie. he stomached that ok. When I got back from work, the 'hero'-side of me thought the poor boy must be hungry. I offered a slice of cheese.

Bad bad move.

2 tiny bites into the creamy slice of cheese, everything came out (including the miserable butter cookie). Sigh...

And so, he literally had nothing for almost the whole day. Gave him some water, a little bit of jokes (at this point, he gets REALLY amused with this incomprehensible word 'automerg?'), lots of comfort, and a stroke on his head before I send him to bed.

4.15am. He woke me up asking for fresh fresh milk. I told him he can't take it as he is not well.
Gave him some water, and he still insisted on milk. So, i told him that I'll get something for him from the kitchen and told him to wait for me in the bedroom. At 4.30am, as I walked into my kitchen, I asked myself if MILO was a good choice. I had to try. My little champ is obviously hungry and thirsty. And so I prepared half a cup of MILO for him. He took one big gulp and the next thing I knew, he was walking calmly towards the bin, flung the lid open and threw up half the cup of MILO he just drank. When he was done, he closed the lid, went back straight to the dining table and continued chomping down his one piece of plain Gardenia Bread. When he was done, (with just 1 piece of bread)he headed back to the room and went back to sleep as if nothing had ever happened.

My son, and like how he'd always exclaim: "Nothing Happened!" and life goes on.

Right now, I'm seriously worried. Hubby's not getting any better and Ethan was only on soft diet this whole day. I do hope and pray that both the boys will be up again.

I do miss them, ... quite miserably.

No comments: