Tuesday, May 25, 2010

the ABCs of motherhood?

It was one of those ‘rush’ days where we had 95 things in our to-do list for that day. And of course, preparing Ethan’s dinner was one of them. So, I threw in a fillet of chicken, chopped some pumpkins, and brought the water to boil. Walahhh…, that wasn’t too difficult!

When it was time to put in the pasta, I spilled them. I was horrified, screamed on top of my lungs, flung one of those ‘swear’ words and thought, what a mess I got myself into. Feeling really annoyed with myself, I quickly looked for a cloth to clean up. But while scrambling looking for that piece of cloth, I stopped and looked at those pastas. Hang on, those innocent looking pastas don’t deserve such rough remarks. Also, I was making them for Ethan, and he loves his chicken pumpkin pasta. I shouldn’t be so nasty about the whole cooking for Ethan. After all, it was me who insisted he should have at least one home cook meal a day.

Isn’t that motherhood?

No comments: