Monday, September 07, 2009

Sausages, baked beans, hash browns and sunny side up!

Took a day off as it was a public holiday in Selangor. Thought, why not, as hubby is gonna be free as well. We woke up at about 8.30 in the morning and gave Ethan his feed. The kakak then took over, bathe, breakfast and finally his morning siesta. I was just feeling really lazy and tired for all the other mornings I had wake up, tend to Ethan, rush to work, back from work, take over from the maid and there goes… a typical life of the working mummy. “phuuu… trust me, it’s no joke. Tired!) THEN.. of course I had to play my duty as a wife as well. So that morning, had to ask hubby what he would like for breakfast. As usual, he would bestow on me this huge smile on his and … none other than going for his nasi lemak breakfast. Since we had it yesterday morning (we got 8 packets of nasi lemak for the household and still, there wasn’t enough), I thought we shouldn’t have it again. So I thought, we should just have our cereals for brunch.

Dragged myself out of the bed, washed up and got ready for another nice warm morning. While getting out from my bedroom, I could hear Ethan yelling and screaming (more of laughing and giggling out loud) from the living hall.

Went to the kitchen and was interrupted by a pleasant surprise. On the saucepan, I saw baked beans and on the plate were nicely browned beef sausages. Then hubby gave me a sweet smile, “Hunny, where is the little pan for the egg?”

I opened the cabinet underneath and gave it to him.

After a good 15 minutes, there was a plate with Sausages, baked beans, hash browns and sunny side up… for each of us.

It was a beautiful morning indeed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so sweet lar.
adrian, i want it as well!

chell said...

Yeah, unfortunately I have to return the favour and prolly gonna be for the following weeks to come ... or rather any other weeks! But ah, that was a nice morning indeed.

AC said...

okok... i'm gonna make my famous roast chicken this sunday! :)