Tuesday, June 30, 2009

tomorrow will be a better day

Have you ever just felt like you just don’t feel like feeling, felt horrible for no apparent reason, felt like the patience–o-meter is at it’s negative reading, no appetite for food, caught in a jam and thought that it was the worst ever, tired, haggard and exhausted.Well, that was how I felt today. Monday - it may be?

Came back from work, feeling horrible and tired. Had dinner and gave Ethan his milk. Testing! Because he just didn’t want to finish his milk. Frustrated! Walked out and went into my room.
Lied on my bed for a while and got the water in the bath running hoping to soak in the tub to unwind. When I was about to step into the tub, I heard Ethan’s yells and screams from the other room. There goes my time alone. Picked Ethan up and pacified him. Read him his Goodnight Moon, probably more than 10 times?, played with him and finally turned on the magic lullaby (daddy’s original mixtape), which hubby recorded when we found out that Pearly Shells could actually put Ethan to dreamland.

Finally, snug into bed with hubs. I asked him,“Have you ever just felt like you just don’t feel like feeling, felt horrible for no apparent reason, felt like the patience–o-meter is at it’s negative reading, no appetite for food, caught in a jam and thought that it was the worst ever, tired, haggard and exhausted.?”

Hubby answered, “Yes, many times. Like when he got out of bed on the wrong note. But eventually, it will turn better”

Me: It will?

Hubby: Yes. It will.

Then, hubby wrapped his arms around me and said, “Yes, it will be better. I’ll be here always. We can eat the banana cake together tomorrow morning.”

We said a prayer and went to sleep.
Yes, it will be better, much better tomorrow.

Yes, so sweet of hubs to buy me a loaf of banana cake from the SS2 pasar malam. I’ve never bought any cakes from the pasar malam, fearing its condition. But when I woke up this morning, I had 4 generous slices of the cake.

It was good, and yes, my day was much better.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

awww... so sweet :) i'm happy for both of you.

chell said...

yes sweet, but that was really, a horrible day...