Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Footprints in Sydney

I was in Sydney again, after a very very long time - 5 years? And this time, I packed my bags, and board the plane all by myself, yes! Very couragious one may say, but really, I was crushed inside for having to leave hubby and lil' E at home. Unfortunately habby is not able to take just that couple of days off, thus the reason I'm travelling alone.

However, I after boarding on the plane, I watched some in-demand movies and went straight to sleep. When I woke up, the stewards were just serving breakfast and 1 hour and 15 mins before we land in Sydney Kingsford Airport.

Nice! That was how I felt....

When stepped out, it was Swine Flu Alert all over Sydney airport! I was amused by the termal videocams set up all over. Passed the cameras and yippie, went straight to the luggage belts.

Not too long later, saw a familiar face. Zuhun was as big as ever. No wonder buddy loves hugging this giant.

I wondered around town on my own, no hubs, no bubs. And that was really good. I could just wake up in the morning, not having to think about what do I need to complete for the day. I could just take my time and do nothing.
Of course I didn't do nothing! I just sipped coffee and smiled.

Spent a good 3 days in Sydney, revisiting and re-living it again. It was indescribable. But most of all, spending some time with buds. That was priceless .

We ate, drank, chatted, gossiped, 'sucked' (ahem, oysters), giggled, laughed and I teared when I left.
Pacific Oyster at the Fish Market.
$18.99 a dozen.
Buds and I each had half a dozen... and
half a lobster, half a dozen of scallops, salmon and tuna sashimi, 3 prawns.. all within an hour!
Sigh, that was what you call a taste of heaven!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let's plan a girlie trip to Aussie!